Registration has now opened on the Cetis site for the CETIS 2014 conference. From the Cetis site:
Each year the Cetis conference provides a unique opportunity for developers, learning technologists, lectures and policy makers to come together to discuss recent innovations in the domain of education technology. This year’s conference focuses on the digital institution and explores how technology innovation can support and develop every aspect of university and college life, for teachers and learners, researchers and developers, service directors and senior managers.
The Cetis conference is a great place to meet people doing similar things and have a natter about the important stuff. This year the conference takes place on the 17th and 18th of June and is being held Bolton and since you’ll be coming to Bolton you might as well make the most of your time here to explore ‘Britain’s Friendliest Town’.
- Sports fans will need to check out Bolton’s Robots of Doom baseball team, who hit fame when they were voted as having the second most interesting name by Major League Baseball Magazine and subsequently featured in a two page article in Lancashire Life magazine.
- History fanatics and beer drinkers will want to check out the ye olde man and scythe which is one of the the 10 oldest pubs in Britain. The 7th Earl of Derby was executed here during the civil war, his ghost has appeared in the book Bolton’s most haunted and plenty of YouTube videos
- Gourmands will enjoy the ye old pasty shoppe which appeared in ITV’s smash show, Britain’s Best Bakery.
- Shoppers are catered for as Bolton has three Morrisons
- Autograph hunters often spot Peter Kay’s Mum
Even if you don’t get time to explore the joys of Bolton, you should still come to the conference: